LED Safety Vest, Increase Visibility and Improve Worker Safety
LED Safety Vest (Orange or Yellow options) complies with ANSI/ISEA 107 Class II rating. Polyester garment is lightweight and breathable. Sixteen (16) LEDs, evenly distributed between the front and back of the vest, provides high wearer visibility. LED operation modes include fast blink, slow blink, and constant on. Each mode is operated by the light controller sewn into the interior (body side) of the vest. Three AA batteries power the LEDs. Augmenting visibility is highly reflective tape.
LED Safety Vests Specifications:
Color: Safety Yellow
Visibility: 16 LED sewn into Reflective Tape. 8 Front – 8 Back
ANSI/ISEA Standard: Complies with 107-2015
Transportation incidents and workers struck by vehicles or mobile equipment account for the highest number of fatal work injuries. Learn more about Work Zone Traffic Safety from OSHA Fact Sheet and important steps to keep workers safe.
American National Standard for High-Visibility Safety Apparel (HVSA) & Accessories
ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 establishes performance requirements for conspicuous materials available in HVSA and specifies minimum amounts of background, retroreflective and combined-performance materials. The standard also addresses colors and placement of materials for garments, supplemental items and accessory items used in enhancing visibility and safety of workers.
ANS presents three performance classes of garments based on the amount of visible materials and design attributes incorporated into the final configuration. It identifies garment types based on expected use settings and work activities being performed and includes off-road (type O), roadway and temporary traffic control (type R), or public safety activities.
Low Risk: Class 2, Class 1 Under Certain Conditions
Situations classified as lower risk:
- Workers in activities that permit full and undivided attention to approaching traffic
- Ample separation between the worker on foot and the traffic.
- Work backgrounds are not complex, allowing for optimal visibility.
- Vehicles are moving slowly (e.g., less than 40 km/h (25 mph).
- Tasks that divert attention from approaching traffic.
Worker responsibilities include:
- Directing vehicle operators to parking or service locations.
- Retrieving shopping carts in parking areas.
- Warehouse operations.
- “Right-of-Way” or sidewalk maintenance workers.
- Shipping or receiving operations.
Medium Risk: Class 2 or 3 based on certain conditions
Medium risk conditions where a LED Safety Vest provides additional protection:
- Vehicles or equipment are moving between 40-80 km/h (25-50 mph).
- Inclement weather conditions or low light.
- Work backgrounds are complex.
- Performing tasks that divert attention from approaching vehicle traffic.
- Activities are in close proximity to vehicles (in or near flowing vehicle traffic).